Intensive Care Unit
The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) provides special medical care to critically ill patients.
Our critical care nurses have special training and skills needed to organize all areas of care for your loved one. Our team includes ICU doctors, specialist nursing staff, and other technicians.
A Special Word About Visiting
The ICU staff understands your need to be with your family member. Please remember, though, that patient care comes first and because there are times during procedures, emergencies, physician rounds, and patient care that visiting isn’t appropriate, you will be asked to wait in the waiting room for a brief time.
- Appropriate gifts for patients in ICU are cards, balloons, or artificial flowers. Patients may have their glasses, hearing aids, dentures, slippers, and robes from home.
- Please inform staff of any valuables which are brought in or taken home.
- Rest, food and beverages are available at our cafeteria, open 24 hours a day.
- An ATM machine is located on the ground floor in the main reception area.
- Entry is prohibited for non-staff.
- The visit is open to one visitor at a time between 9 am to 9 pm, while wearing the appropriate ICU gowns provided by our staff.
- The maximum duration of the visit is ten minutes at a time.
- The department is closed during the passage of doctors and during medical and nursing procedures.
- Please abide by the Prevention of Infection as per the guidelines of the Head Nurse.
- Child visits are strictly prohibited.
- Please do not enter gift baskets, flowers and foods into the section.