Intensive Care Unit
The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) provides special medical care to critically ill patients.
Our critical care nurses have special training and skills needed to organize all areas of care for your loved one. Our team includes ICU doctors, specialist nursing staff, and other technicians.
Other healthcare members whom you may see are:
- Respiratory therapist: provides services to assist breathing, using oxygen, breathing treatments, and ventilators (breathing machines).
- Dietitian: plans and monitors nutritional needs. Some doctors may prescribe a special diet for patients, which can include restrictions such as low fat, low sodium, and low sugar. Food consistency may also be modified due to swallowing precautions.
- Occupational therapist: teaches exercise and skills for day-to-day living.
A Special Word About Visiting
The ICU staff understands your need to be with your family member. Please remember, though, that patient care comes first and because there are times during procedures, emergencies, physician rounds, and patient care that visiting isn’t appropriate, you will be asked to wait in the waiting room for a brief time.
- Entry is prohibited for non-staff.
- The visit is open to one visitor at a time between 9 am to 9 pm, while wearing the appropriate ICU gowns provided by our staff.
- The maximum duration of the visit is ten minutes at a time.
- The department is closed during the passage of doctors and during medical and nursing procedures.
- Please abide by the Prevention of Infection as per the guidelines of the Head Nurse.
- Child visits are strictly prohibited.
- Please do not enter gift baskets, flowers and foods into the section.
Frequent phone calls take time away from patient care. Please select one family member to be the contact person to make phone calls about the patient’s condition.
Main hospital number: 0096264777444
- Appropriate gifts for patients in ICU are cards, balloons, or artificial flowers. Patients may have their glasses, hearing aids, dentures, slippers, and robes from home.
- Please inform staff of any valuables which are brought in or taken home.
- Rest, food and beverages are available at our cafeteria, open 24 hours a day.
- An ATM machine is located on the ground floor in the main reception area.